Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 134

Thread: GOP and Swift boat politics

  1. #121
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    I would vote for Powell...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #122
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think his color did help him in getting elected. The Clintons had a huge african american following, yet lost a big percentage of that vote in the primaries to Obama.

    Either way, both Dem figureheads were running on change, so you can throw out that as the reasoning. Hiliary got a lot of women votes that Obama didn't so I guess you will call me sexist as well as racist even though it is common reasoning. </div></div>

    Ditto here. Some just don't like it when the truth is spoken.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  3. #123
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    I have met Powell and I can tell you that he is 100% honest in his beliefs and a genuinely super man. I wouldn't have cared if he was black, white, yellow, green, or even purple. If you can look into a person's eyes and see the honesty that he had inside, then you would understand what I am saying. I do not see that type of honesty in Obama-san's eyes. That is the big difference between Powell and Obama-san. Powell is 100 times the man Obama-san could ever be.

  4. #124
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    Of course Obama is going to get the black vote, hes black and a dem. But with the people not voting for Obama because of his color and people voting Mccain just because he's white rep/dem it evens out. He had the black vote anyway, whether he was black or not so it is because the platform of change that he was/is sitting on is why he is where he is today.

  5. #125
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    Obama got the nomination because of the caucuses...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #126
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have met Powell and I can tell you that he is 100% honest in his beliefs and a genuinely super man. I wouldn't have cared if he was black, white, yellow, green, or even purple. If you can look into a person's eyes and see the honesty that he had inside, then you would understand what I am saying. I do not see that type of honesty in Obama-san's eyes. That is the big difference between Powell and Obama-san. Powell is 100 times the man Obama-san could ever be. </div></div>

    Most havent met him though, whether he is a great man or not(I like Powell) he wouldve been judged be many voters before he opened his mouth. Its terrible, but thats the society we are living in today. America has come a long way but there are some that havent. I of course didnt grow up in the 60's, but I am guessing that about 99% of people at that time couldnt even fathom that a black guy would be where he is today. As said before there are dems that wont vote for him because of his color and rep that wont do it either, even though theyd prefer anyone else but Mccain. His race has played against him as much or more than it has helped him.

  7. #127
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    Powell would have been the "genuine" deal had he ran for the nomination. Obama-san, to me is just too transparent in his reason for wanting to be president.

  8. #128
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course Obama is going to get the black vote, hes black and a dem. But with the people not voting for Obama because of his color and people voting Mccain just because he's white rep/dem it evens out. He had the black vote anyway, whether he was black or not so it is because the platform of change that he was/is sitting on is why he is where he is today. </div></div>

    You missed the point. We're not talking about what votes he has against McCain, we were talking about the votes in the primary.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #129
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have met Powell and I can tell you that he is 100% honest in his beliefs and a genuinely super man. I wouldn't have cared if he was black, white, yellow, green, or even purple. If you can look into a person's eyes and see the honesty that he had inside, then you would understand what I am saying. I do not see that type of honesty in Obama-san's eyes. That is the big difference between Powell and Obama-san. Powell is 100 times the man Obama-san could ever be. </div></div>
    Which is exactly why he quit working for Bush?

  10. #130
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    May be, but I can tell you this, he would make one hell of a president because he knows foreign policy, what it means to have a strong military, and his thoughts and beliefs on the issues here at home and how to best correct them are far better than any that the republicans or democrats could come up with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •